Brother DCP L5600DN is a high-speed monochrome laser printer that enables you to print, scan, and copy. The device is designed for office and home-based work purposes. The device delivers cost-efficient outputs and prints at a speed of up to 40 pages per minute with the help of a high-yielding replacement toner cartridge. It is easy to connect the printer via Wireless and Ethernet interfaces. Let us see how to set up the Brother DCP L5600DN printer.
Steps to setup Brother-DCP-L5600DN printer
Step 1: Unboxing the Brother DCP L5600DN printer
Unpack the printer and all the components from the package.
Remove all the protective tapes and seals from the printer.
Place the printer near the power outlet so that you can easily access it.
Step 2: Install the toner cartridge
Open the front cover of the Brother DCP L5600DN printer and remove the drum unit from the printer.
Make sure that you remove all the protective materials from the printer.
Remove the toner cartridge from the protective cover and gently shake the cartridge to make the toner spread evenly.
Next, attach the toner cartridge to the drum unit.
Insert the drum unit into the printer firmly until it clicks.
Step 3: Load the paper
- Pull out the paper cassette.
- Squeeze the horizontal and vertical paper guides to make the paper fit the tray.
- Place the paper by keeping the printable side facing down.
- Adjust the paper guides and ensure that the edges of the paper do not get damaged.
- Push the paper cassette completely inside the printer and raise the support flap.
Step 4: Turn on the Brother-DCP-L5600DN printer
Connect one of the ends of the power cord to the printer and another end to the power outlet.
Press the Power button on the printer and make sure that the printer turns on.
Select your Language, Date, and Time.
Step 5: Connecting Brother-DCP-L5600DN printer to Wi-Fi
- Turn on the Wi-Fi router and make sure that the printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
- Tap on the printer’s Home screen and select the Wi-Fi option on the Home screen.
- Tap on the Setup wizard option and select Yes.
- The printer will search for the available Wi-Fi network devices nearby.
- Select your Wi-Fi network name and provide the required SSID details.
- Wait until the device gets connected to the Wi-Fi router and the connected message appears on the desktop.
Step 6: Installation of software
- Ensure that the computer is turned on and connected to the Wi-Fi network to which the printer is connected.
- Insert the printer driver CD to install the software.
- You can even download and install the driver from the official web page of Brother.
- Make sure that you download the software that supports your OS.
- Click Install after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Choose the Wireless connection on the Connection method screen and click on the Next option.
- Finish the provided instructions on the screen to complete the setup and ensure that the Brother DCP L5600DN printer is listed on the Devices and Printers page.