Brother DCP T220 setup
Brother DCP-T220 is an All-in-One InkTank printer that supports print, copy, and scan functions. You can connect any wireless device to this printer as it supports wireless connectivity. Setting up this printer is quite simple. If you are new to the Brother DCP-T220 setup, go through the steps given below.
Unboxing the printer:
- First, take out the printer from the box.
- Check the printer components.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Remember to recycle the packing materials.
Filling the ink tanks:
- Open the ink tank cover and remove the cap of the ink tank you are going to fill.
- Place the ink tank cap on the back of the cover.
- Open the ink bottle for the ink tank you are going to fill.
- Insert the ink bottle nozzle into the filling port of the ink tank.
- To fill the ink bottle faster, squeeze the ink bottles on both sides.
- When the ink tank is full, remove the ink bottle and replace the ink tank cap.
- Repeat the same procedure to fill the rest of the ink tanks.
- Close the ink tank cover and load paper before initializing the ink in the Brother DCP-T220 printer.
Loading print media:
- Pull out the paper tray and take out the output tray cover.
- Adjust the paper guides for loading paper.
- Fan a stack of plain paper well before you load it into the tray.
- Adjust the paper stack using the paper guides.
- Refix the tray cover and push the tray back into the printer.
Starting initial cleaning:
Connect your printer to a wall outlet using the provided power cord.
Power up the printer and wait until the power light stops flashing.
Press the Color button to start the ink cleaning process.
When the printer prints the Print Quality Check sheet, verify the print quality.
To improve the print quality, clean the print head.
Downloading the printer driver:
- On your computer, open the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Click the Support tab followed by Support Center.
- On the next page, enter 'Brother DCP-T220' in the search field and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result.
- Click the link below Downloads & Drivers.
- Check if your OS version has been detected and is displayed in the Select Your Operating System (OS) section.
- If the detected OS version is incorrect, select the correct version from the available options and click OK.
- Choose the required driver and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
Installing the printer software:
- Once you have downloaded the driver file, go to the Downloads section in the browser.
- Run the downloaded driver file.
- For Windows, click the Yes button if the device prompts for User Account Control.
- For Mac, enter the administrator password in the available field and click Continue to start the setup.
- Agree to the EULA and install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Choose either USB or Wi-Fi as your connection type.
- Carry out the instructions in the driver installation wizard to establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Once the connection is made, print a test page to complete the Brother DCP-T220 setup.