Brother Printer Drivers Windows 10
A piece of software that allows you to communicate with your printer from the computer or smartphone is known as “driver.” Downloading, installing, and using the printer driver are simple and easy tasks to perform.Scroll down this page to learn about the Brother printer drivers on Windows 10.The Windows 10 OS comes with a built-in driver that allows you to perform the printer’s basic functions. To perform the advanced printer functions, you have to install the printer’s original driver that is recommended by the product manufacturer.
The below section explains how to install the built-in driver and the original Brother printer drivers on Windows 10.
Installing The Built-In Printer Driver
For USB users
- Begin with connecting your Brother printer to the Windows 10 computer using the USB cable.
- Turn on your printer and the computer.
- Now, on your computer screen, you can find a pop-up dialog box titled Installing device. Wait for the driver installation process to complete.
- Once the printer driver is installed, print a test page.
For Network users
- Connect your Brother printer and the computer to the same network if they are not connected.
- On your Windows 10 computer’s taskbar, click on the Start menu.
- Select All apps > Windows System > Control Panel.
- Click on the View devices and printers option followed by Add a printer.
- Now, select your printer from the list of available printers.
- In case your printer is not listed in the Add Printer dialog box, click on the “The printer that I want wasn’t listed” command and select the “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” option.
- Type your IP address and other asked details in the given fields.
- Click Next > Next.
- If prompted, choose your printer and click Next.
- Install your Brother printer driver by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Once the printer driver is installed, a screen with the following options “You may choose to set your printer as the default” and “You may choose to print a test page” will open.
- Select any one of these options or directly click the Finish button.
Installing The Original Brother Printer Driver On Windows 10
- Download the Brother printer’s original driver for your Windows 10 computer from the product’s official support page.
- Extract the downloaded driver file and open it.
- Ensure that your Brother printer is connected to the Windows 10 computer using the USB cable and they are turned on.
- Now, open the Hardware and Sound window on your computer and click View Devices and Printers > Add a printer.
- Add the printer to your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- When prompted, click Have Disk > Browse.
- Select the downloaded printer driver file and click Open.
- Choose your model and click Next.
- On the “Which version of the driver do you want to use?” screen, select the Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended) or Replace the current driver option and follow the on-screen instructions.
For Network users
- Connect your Brother printer and the Windows 10 computer over the same network.
- Open and install the printer driver file on your computer.
To know more about the Brother printer drivers Windows 10, contact us.