Canon Pixma G3000 setup
Canon Pixma G3000 is designed for small-sized business purposes. It delivers high-volume printing at a low running cost. Canon Pixma G3000 is a multi-functioning printer that enables you to enjoy print, scan, and copy operations at considerable speed. The device also delivers borderless printing, stunning photos, quality output, etc. You can connect the device through a wireless network and enjoy printing without touching it. Let us see the steps to set up Canon Pixma G3000.
Step 1: Unpack the Canon Pixma G3000 printer
Step 2: Install the cartridges
- Open the scanner unit.
- Make sure that you remove all the protective materials inside the Canon Pixma G3000 printer.
- Squeeze and lift the cartridge unit lever to install the cartridge.
- Remove the cartridges from the protective cover and pull out the protective tapes.
- Insert the color cartridge on the left side and the black cartridge on the right side of the cartridge unit.
- After placing, lower the cartridge unit lever.
- Press the buttons on the top of the cartridge unit.
- Make sure the cartridge unit is locked.
Step 3: Fill the ink
- Open the ink tank cover on the left and right sides of the Canon Pixma G3000 printer.
- Remove the ink bottles from the protective cover.
- Open the black ink bottle and open the ink tank cap.
- Fill the black ink in the respective ink tank.
- Wait until the ink fills the tank.
- Make sure you do not squeeze the ink bottle.
- Once filled, close the ink tank cap.
- Repeat the steps for the remaining ink tanks.
- Make sure you fill the ink in the respective ink tanks, based on the color.
- Close the ink tank cover.
- Lower the scanner unit.
Step 4: Turn on the Canon Pixma G3000 printer
- Connect one of the ends of the power cable to the printer’s rear side and the opposite end to the power outlet.
- Press the Power button on the printer.
- Make sure the printer turns on.
- Press the Stop button and hold the same for a few seconds until the light flashes near the ON button to charge the ink.
- The Canon Pixma G3000 printer charges the ink.
- Wait until the ink charging process gets completed.
Step 5: Loading the paper
- Raise the paper support from the Canon Pixma G3000 printer.
- Align the paper guide to the left to make the paper fit into the tray.
- Place the paper by keeping the printable side facing up.
- Adjust the paper guide against the paper.
- Make sure the paper edges do not get damaged.
- Pull out the paper output tray.
- Raise the stopper.
Step 6: Connect the Canon Pixma G3000 printer to Wi-Fi
- Turn on the Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure the printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer.
- Wait until the light next to the Wi-Fi button turns on.
- Now, press the Black button and then the Color button.
- Again, press the Wi-Fi button.
- Make sure you press the WPS button on the Wi-Fi router.
- Wait for few seconds until the blinking light on the router stays still, which indicates that the Canon Pixma G3000 printer is connected to Wi-Fi.
Step 7: Installation of software
- Ensure that the Windows computer is connected to the Wi-Fi network to which the Canon Pixma G3000 printer is connected.
- Insert the driver installation CD into the computer to install the software.
- You can even download and install the software from the official web page of Canon.
- Make sure you download the latest version of the software that supports your OS.
- Install the software after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Click Start setup on the Welcome page.
- Choose the Wireless connection option on the Connection method page.
- Click Next and then finish the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Wait until the successfully installed message appears on the desktop.