Canon Pixma G3021 setup
Enjoy the high volume, low-cost prints with Canon Pixma G3021. The device is designed for home and small-sized work purposes. It is compact and delivers efficient performance. The device helps reduce the user effort by providing multi-functioning works, such as printing, scanning, and copying. Use your Canon Pixma G3021 printer for optimum production by utilizing borderless printing, wirelessly connect, direct print from your mobile, etc.
Step 1: Unboxing the Canon Pixma G3021 printer
Step 2: Install the print heads
- First, open the print head locking cover.
- Remove the print heads from the protective cover.
- Peel off the protective tapes and labels from the print heads.
- Insert the Color print head on the left and the Black print head on the right.
- Close the print head locking cover until it clicks.
- Once closed, press the joint buttons on the top of the print head unit until they click.
- Close the scanning unit.
Step 3: Turn on the Canon Pixma G3021 printer
- First, connect the power cable between the printer and an electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Make sure that the LED light on the printer turns on.
- Choose your language and press OK.
- Move on to fill the ink when prompted on the printer screen.
Step 4: Fill in the ink
- Open the scanning unit.
- Open the ink tank cover on the left side of the Canon Pixma G3021 printer.
- Remove the ink bottles from the protective cover.
- Open the bottle cap and the ink tank cap.
- Insert the bottle nozzle into the filling port of the ink tank.
- Make sure that you fill the ink according to the respective ink tank color.
- Wait until the ink fills the tank.
- Do not squeeze the bottle.
- Once the ink gets filled, take out the ink bottle gently.
- Now, you need to repeat the above steps for the remaining ink tanks.
- Make sure that you fill the tanks with the respective colors.
- Close the scanning unit after filling the ink.
- Follow the Canon Pixma G3021 printer screen to initialize the ink.
- Press OK and wait until the ink charging process takes place.
Step 5: Loading the paper
- Raise the paper support.
- Open the feed slot cover.
- Slide the paper edge guide to the right to make the paper fit.
- Place the paper by keeping the printable side facing up.
- Adjust the paper guide.
- Ensure that the paper edges do not get damaged.
- Close the feed slot cover.
- Pull out the paper output tray.
Step 6: Connecting Canon Pixma G3021 to Wi-Fi
- Turn on your Wi-Fi router.
- Check whether the printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
- Press the Setup button on the printer control panel.
- Select the Wi-Fi setup option under the Setup menu.
- Press OK.
- Choose the Manual connect option under Wi-Fi setup.
- Your Canon Pixma G3021 printer will search for the available Wi-Fi networks nearby.
- Select your Wi-Fi name.
- Provide the required SSID details.
- Wait until the Connected message appears on the printer screen.
Step 7: Installation of software
- Ensure that you connect your Windows PC to the Wi-Fi to which the printer is connected.
- Insert the driver installation CD to install the software.
- If you want to download, go to the Canon official web page.
- Search for the printer driver.
- Ensure that you download the software that supports your OS.
- Install the driver after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Once installed, click Start setup on the Welcome page.
- Choose the Wireless connection option on the Connection method page.
- Click Next and then finish the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Wait until the successfully connected message appears on the desktop.