Canon TS6120 Setup
Meet the Canon TS6120 printer that comes with InkJet printing technology. It is an All-in-One printer that enables you to print, scan, and copy, which helps to reduce the user effort. The compact construction of the Canon TS6120 printer allows it to easily fit into your workplace without occupying much space. Enjoy hassle-free printing using the wireless network connection and make your work easier.
The stylish Canon TS6120 printer suits both home and small-sized business purposes. Let us see the steps to set up the machine.
Steps to setup Canon TS6120
Step 1: Unpacking the Canon TS6120 printer
Step 2: Turn on the Canon TS6120 printer
- Connect the power cord to your Canon printer and an electrical socket.
- Tilt the operation panel.
- Press the ON button.
- Make sure that the Canon TS6120 printer is turned on.
- Choose the Country and Language and tap OK.
- Move on to the installation of ink when prompted on the Canon TS6120 printer screen.
Step 3: Installation of ink
- Open the scanner cover.
- Make sure that you remove all the protective materials.
- Wait until the ink installation unit stops at the position.
- Remove the ink tanks from the protective cover.
- Peel off the protective cover and detach the orange tape completely from the ink tanks.
- Insert the ink tank into the ink tank holder.
- Push it gently into the slot until it clicks.
- Make sure that you insert the ink tank into the respective color slot.
- Once installed, you can see that the color of the ink tank pops up on the Canon TS6120 screen.
- Install the remaining ink tanks in the same way as mentioned above.
- Once installed, close the scanner cover.
Step 4: Loading the paper
- Pull out the paper output tray.
- Remove the paper cassette cover.
- Align the paper guide by sliding it to the right to make the paper fit the tray.
- Place the paper on the tray by keeping the printable side facing down.
- Adjust the paper guide against the paper stack.
- Make sure that the paper edges do not get damaged.
- Attach the cassette cover and insert the paper output tray.
- Now, move on to the next step.
Step 5: Connect Canon TS6120 to Wi-Fi
- Turn on the Wi-Fi router.
- Check whether the printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
- Press the Home button on the printer operation panel.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi icon on the printer screen.
- On the following screen, tap Wireless LAN.
- Choose the Wireless LAN setup option under Wireless LAN.
- Tap Manual connect.
- Now, your Canon TS6120 printer will search for the available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select your Wi-Fi network name and provide the required SSID details.
- Once provided, wait for few minutes until the device gets connected to the Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that the Connected message appears on the screen.
Step 6: Installation of software
- Make sure that you turn on your Windows computer and connect it to the Wi-Fi to which the printer is connected.
- Insert the printer driver CD into your computer to install the software. You can even download and install the software from the Canon official web page.
- Open the web browser and go to the Canon official page.
- Search for the printer driver and download it from the Canon TS6120 support page.
- Make sure that you download the software that supports your OS.
- Once downloaded, click Install after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Select Start Setup and click OK.
- Choose the Wireless network connection option on the Connection method page and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and make sure that the Successfully Connected message appears on the desktop.