Hp Error Code 0x83c0000a
Fixing HP printer errors is pretty simple if you hook up to the correct troubleshooting steps. When you get an error, the first thing you should do is restart your printer. You need to do it because you can identify and fix false errors after a restart. Continue reading the instructions on this page to learn how to fix the HP error code 0x83c0000a.
Solution 1: Restart your printer
- First, check if your printer is getting a proper power supply.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Wait a few minutes to let the printer cool down.
Solution 2: Reinstall the ink cartridge
- With the HP printer turned on, lift the ink access door.
- Wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the carriage.
- Check if you have removed the packing materials from the cartridges.
- Reinsert the cartridges into the correct slots and close the ink access door.
This should fix the HP error code 0x83c0000a.
Solution 3: Update the printer firmware using HP Smart
- On your computer, launch the HP Smart app.
- If prompted, sign in to your HP account.
- Select your printer’s name in the HP Smart app.
- Under the Advanced tab, click on Advanced Settings.
- Select the Tools option and click on Printer Updates.
- Click Check Now and wait for the app to update your printer firmware automatically.
Solution 4: Reinstall the HP printer software
- On your Windows computer, open the Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program below Programs.
- Locate and select the HP printer software from the list of programs installed on your computer.
- Click the Uninstall button next to Organize.
- If prompted, click Uninstall to remove the HP printer software from your computer.
- Restart your PC and open the default browser.
- Go to the official HP site and get the latest printer software for your HP printer.
- Complete the printer software installation and check if the HP Error Code 0x83c0000a is fixed.