How To Update Hp Printer Drivers
A printer driver is a software that will allow your computer to communicate with your printer. Its main role is to translate instructions sent from your computer into a form or language that only your printer can understand. This will allow the printer to respond properly to those instructions.There are different types of printers with software varying from one function to another. When it comes to HP, you should know which printer driver will serve your purpose for which function. Once you have the task performed using a printer driver, the action will be translated to a language the printer can read. The language only describes the content of the page. You need to know that HP printer drivers need to be updated at all times, just like Windows OS. Having an outdated driver on Windows can cause an issue, and eventually, won't allow the HP printer to print. If you are one of those readers yearning to know how to update HP printer driver, follow these simple steps.There are two different ways to update the printer driver!
Update HP printer driver using Device Manager
- Open the Run command window (Windows + R).
- Now, type Devmgmt.msc in the Open field and press the Enter button.
- The Device Manager window will open.
- This window will show a preview of all the devices that are connected to your computer.
- Navigate and look for the Printer drop-down list.
- Perform a right-click on your printer and select Update driver.
- You can select either choose automatically or manually update the driver.
- We'd suggest the automatic option.
- Wait for Windows to find the right set of drivers and follow the commands on the screen.
- Complete the driver update.
In case Windows doesn't find you the driver for the HP printer, you can manually update the driver with a simple uninstallation and installation procedure.
Uninstall and Reinstall the printer driver
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I).
- Click the Apps option.
- A window will open with all the apps.
- Select the HP printer driver and click the Uninstall button
- Open the HP printer support page.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab in the left pane.
- If you want to choose Windows, click the Choose a different OS option.
- Select Windows from the Operating System drop-down list and the version; click the Change button.
- Click the Driver-Product Installation Software section.
- Scroll down and click the Install button for the HP Smart app.
- The Microsoft Store will now open.
- Click the Install Button for the HP Smart app.
- Click the Apple icon on the screen.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click the Print & Scan option.
- The printer driver installed on your computer will appear.
- Select the HP printer driver and click the – icon (this is to uninstall).
- Open the support page for the HP printer.
- On the left, click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Usually, the support page automatically detects the OS you are using and will show you the drivers for download.
- If not, click the Choose a different OS option and select Mac and the version.
- Click and expand the Driver-Product Installation Software (1).
- The search result will ask you to install the HP Smart app.
- Click the Install button and the page will be redirected to the Mac Apple Store.
- Click the Get Button for HP Smart.