How To Update Hp Printer’s Ip Address
Most printers, including HP, use the dynamic IP address, which changes from time to time. As a result, you may face connectivity problems on your printer while performing any printer-related operation. To avoid connectivity issues, you can update or change your printer’s dynamic IP address to a static IP address.
Scroll down this page to know how to update your HP printer’s IP address.
Updating the IP Address of your HP printer is an effortless process. However, to update the IP address, you need to know your printer’s current IP address. In case you have no idea about your printer’s current or default IP address, there are some ways to find it out.
FINDING THE HP PRINTER’S IP ADDRESS
Method 1: Using the Windows 10 computer
Note: Make sure that your HP printer is added to the Windows 10 computer.
- Click the Windows icon in the taskbar.
- In the search field, type the Control Panel command.
- From the list of suggestions, select Control Panel. Now, in the opened window, locate and click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Locate the HP printer and right-click on it.
- From the Context menu, select the Properties option.
- Go to the Web Services tab of your printer’s Properties dialog box.
- Now, under the Troubleshooting Information section, you can find your printer’s current IP address beside the IP address title.
- Note the IP address and click the X icon at the top to close the Properties dialog box.
Method 2: Checking the wireless settings
If you’re using the HP wireless printer, check its Wi-Fi settings to find the IP address of your printer.
- Turn on your HP wireless printer if it is turned off.
- On the home or main screen of your printer, locate and tap or select the Wi-Fi icon.
- Now, the screen titled Wireless will open; beside IP, you can find your printer’s current IP address.
- Tap the Print Info button if necessary.
Method 3: Checking the network setup settings
If you have connected your HP printer over a network connection, check its network settings to find the printer’s current IP address.
- On your HP printer’s home screen, select the Setup option.
- Swipe or scroll down the Setup screen and select the Network Setup option.
- In the opened window, you can find your HP printer’s IP address.
Method 4: Printing a web access report
You can also find your HP printer’s IP address by printing its web access report.
- From the Setup screen of your HP printer, select the Tools option.
- Scroll down the Tools screen and select the Print Web Access Report option.
- Now, your printer will start to print its web access report.
- Once the report is printed, find your printer’s IP address from it.
UPDATING THE HP PRINTER’S IP ADDRESS
For Windows 10
- On your computer, open Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.
- In the search field of the browser, type the current IP address of your HP printer and tap Enter on your computer’s keyboard.
- Now, your printer’s login screen will open.
- Type admin in the field titled Username and leave the Password box blank if you haven’t changed your printer’s default credentials. In case you have changed the credentials, enter them in the given fields and click Login.
- Locate and click on the Settings/Network tab.
- Select the IP Address Configuration option.
- Now, click the radio button beside the Manual IP option.
- In the given field, type the IP address that you want to use and click the Apply button.
- On your Mac computer’s quick access bar, click the Apple icon.
- Select System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > Options & Supplies > General.
- Now, in the Location field, type the IP address that you wish to use and click OK.
Click Call if you need to know more about How To Update The HP printer’s IP Address.