How To Update Lcd List Hp Printer
If you’re receiving the “Update LCD List” message when trying to scan a document from your printer, continue reading this page to know how to update the LCD list on the HP printer.
Step 1: Restarting your HP printer and the computer
- As the first step of updating the LCD list, restart your computer and the printer.
- Turn on your HP printer if it is turned off.
- Now, unplug the power cable from your printer.
- Leave the printer disconnected from the power source for 30 seconds.
- After waiting for 30 seconds, reconnect the power cable and turn on your printer.
- Now, on your computer, open the HP printer software.
- Go to the HP Solution Center screen.
- If you find a green checkmark beside the Scan option, scan a test page to check whether the issue is resolved.
Step 2: Configuring the scan shortcut list
- On your Windows computer, open HP Solution Center. Click Settings, followed by the Scan Settings option.
- Locate and click on the "Scan to… Setup" button.
- Now, a window titled "Scan to…Setup" will appear on the screen.
- Select a scan shortcut from the list and click Add.
- Similarly, add other shortcuts.
- Finally, click the Update the Device button.
- Now, scan a test page to check whether the LCD list is updated on your printer.
- If the “update LCD list” message is again displayed on the screen, perform the next step given below.
Step 3: Checking the Digital Imaging Monitor status
If Digital Imaging Monitor is not running on your computer, there is a chance for you to receive the message “update LCD list” while scanning the document. To check the DIM status, follow the instructions below.
- Locate the DIM icon on your Windows computer’s notification bar and click on it.
- If you’re able to find the DIM icon in the notification bar, it means Digital Imaging Monitor is running successfully on your computer. In case you can’t find the icon, follow the below instructions to activate it.
- Open the Local Disk: C folder on your Windows computer.
- Click Program Files (x86) > HP > Digital imaging > bin.
- Now, double-click on the Bin folder to open it.
- Locate the hpqste08.exe file inside the folder and double-click on it.
- Now, scan a test document to check whether the LCD list is updated. If the same message is displayed on the screen, reinstall the HP printer driver on your computer.
- If the printer scans the test document, it means the “LCD list is updated successfully.”
Click Call Button if you need to know more about “how to update LCD list on the HP printer.”